Need help with connection questions please...

Deano

My girlfriend just purchased an RF-62 based home theater system but only the RF-62's and the RW-12 sub were available to bring home. She has a Pioneer Elite Receiver and I would like to connect the RF-62's and sub for her.

On the RF-62's there are low and high frequency speaker connections, if connecting direct from the receiver which do I use? I ran a sub cable directly to the RW-12 from the receiver.

There should be brass or gold colored bars connecting the high and low connections together. That is to say, one connection runs from the plus to the plus (red) and another runs from the minus to the minus (black) Take a look. If there is not a pair of bars like this in place you will either have to get some or just make such a connection with some wire.

This means that you can connect the pair of feed wires (the ones from the amp speaker output) to either red and black (one wire to a black, and one to a red terminal, of course).

You'll have to consult the owner's manual for the receiver to make sure the amp knows the sub is connected. Generally this means setting the left and right speakers (main speakers) to small on a menu someplace and there may be something about a sub.

Wm McD