Anyone heard this sub before? Infinity HPS-1000

fabulousfrankie

Anyone heard this sub before? How does it compare to other popular subs? I was interested in picking one of these up on Ubid.com(many sell below $500). I'm aware of it's LFE problem and I'm willing to take a chance and since it has a warranty. Hopefully I can get a little more input first.

I currently have 2 Klipsch LF-10's, both in for service. I was thinking of selling one and putting the money towards new towers(Klipsch RF-3). Then I thought instead of living with that one LF-10, I could pick up an Infinity HPS-1000 (one 15" active and two 15" passive, 1000 watt amp). I didn't really get to test the Klipsch out fully because they arrived with the problem, but I figure that if I'm left with one LF-10 then one Infinity should sound better with a 15" and 1000 watt amp. Shouldn't it?

Any type of input would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

------------------

FABULOUSFRANKIE

I have had the chance to hear both the LF-10's and the HPS-1000 sid-by-side with Klipsch RF-3 II's. I first heard the HPS-1000 it sounded incredible, but really boomy. Musically, yeah it's very good for a 15" sub, but I asked the guy to bring another LF-10 into the room and hook it up to a Yamaha RX-V 3000. I used Star Wars Episode I and Dave Matthew's Band to demo. The LF-10's just blew my mind away, at the low frequency's the LF-10's beat the HPS. Even though I expected the HPS to outperform the LF-10's because of the specs, but the HPS just sounded like crap. It dropped of at around 30hz. The LF-10's basically flat out wooped it's butt. They went way way way louder then the HPS, and outstanding at lower frequency's. With out a doubt, I would go with the 2 KLIPSCH LF-10's.

PS I hope this was very helpful.

f>

------------------

Jim Davis

Thank you very much for the information, it couldn't have been more helpful. You've helped me make up my mind, I'm keeping the two LF-10's. It's a coincidence also that you had it hooked it up to a Yamaha receiver, I have one also(Yamaha HTR-5280/RX-V800). I also use the same material to demo HT equipment.

I can't wait for to get them back from Klipsch.

------------------

FABULOUSFRANKIE

• 7 years later...