Is it possible to use the Promedia 4.1 sub with a receiver?

Hi all, i have an old Promedia 4.1 set and i'm curious if it was possible to use the sub with a receiver. I'm fairly a/v saavy but looking at the back of the woofer is nothing like the rear of a normal woofer so i figured this would be the best place to ask. Is there a certain converter cable or a certain way of wiring it to a receiver that would allow it to work? I'd really like to use it again since it's such a waste to have such a decent sub not connected to anything. Any info is appreciated, thanks.

The 4.1 doesn't have a sub-line in. To us it, you woul dneed to convert you RCA sub out of your reciever to a the 1/8" female jack to be able to plug into one say the front jack off the 4.1 control pod. This should work. The only thing is the sub has its own built in crossover that you can't change. Granted it should be set high enough that you should be ok in general. I'm thinking this due to the the small sats which would crossover a little higher, say 120'ish and thus shuld give you the headroom for a normal ~80Hz crossover from the LFE channels.

You can get the RCA-1/8" female adaptor at like a radioshack or someplace online. I don't see any harm in trying, but take no responisibility for any damages to the amp board.