blown rear speakers???

kaplan

---I just bought and received a replacement sub for the v.2-400 series. Unfortunately after setting up the speakers and checking to make sure all my polarity was correct I tried playing them and after 20 minutes I heard one of the rear speakers start to crackle and then smelled an aweful electrical smell coming from the tweeters. Later that night I began to smell and electrical scent coming from the second rear. I was also aware that both of the sub portions on the satelites were very warm to the touch. I don't understand how this could have happened. I double checked my polarities on the wires and they are fine. The two fronts run fine and are cool to the touch and my circuit breakers/surges indicate that they are fine. Did Klipsch send me a faulty replacement amp? It seems like the amp is over powering the rears even though I had the surround setting on its lowest setting. Please help me with this issue. Should I be concerned about a fire hazard with this product?

~I'm starting to lose my patience with Klipsch's customer service, it's like pulling teeth to try to get them to answer my email or call me back on their voice mail. You would think they would be real sympathetic after sending me a defaultive amp but no, still no answer to my emails. Guess I will have to stick to their 1-888 number and cross my fingers. Has anyone else had any problems with their apathetic nature?

• Moderators

kaplan,

Sorry about the trouble you're having. I do have your email... We are not open over the weekends--sorry about the delay.

I'd recommend exchanging the amp and the 2 satellites that seems to be affected. Contact returns at 800-554-7724 option 5, or email shelly.acrey@klipsch.com and request a call tag for the package, so you do not have to pay shipping on the bad replacement. I'll also forward Shelly the email you sent me.

Let me know if you need futher help!

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com