How long does an RMA take for a repair or replacement?

Tim Turner

I sent my Custom 3s in because the cable developed a short last Monday on the 4th, and I have'nt have'nt recieved any replacement or news from Klipsch about the status of them. In comparison I've sent in IEMs to Westone with the same problem, and there was a fast 3 day turn around once they received them. But its into the second week with Klipsch. I did call them, but the guy on the phone didn't give me any useful information, and basically said that it won't be any time soon because they had alot of stuff to go through, and didn't know when. I don't think you can fix a frayed cable, and I assumed they would just replace the unit like Westone does. Does anyone have any experience with this? How long does it generally take.

I'm anxious because I miss listening to my music in its glorious hi fidelity, I'm using those cheaper earbuds that came bundled with my Zune as backup, but they just are'nt cutting it. I'm actually considering purchasing a second pair of Hi quality IEMs just for back-up purposes, just in case I go through this agian!

BTW I think UE has a great idea by making thier cables replacable.