LF-10 just got in today, KSW 12 sounds louder

Graysmurf

Hi,I just received my brand New LF-10 from UBID and got it hooked up right away after following the manual via the LFE output from my B&K Ref30 replacing my trusty KSW12.I then proceeded to adjust the speaker levels and I set the LFE volume output to the 11 O'clock setting initially and much to my surprise the output from the sub was very minimal. I then turned up the LFE volume all the way up and the sound got louder but not much, I remember my KSW12 put out more base than this sub at the 12'O clock setting.

Can this be the air leak that other people have been complaining about on this sub? Since I just received it today should I just try and return it to UBID or try and contact Klipsch to have it checked out?

I need help guys.

This message has been edited by Graysmurf on 01-28-2002 at 10:33 PM

hello gs. you're the 1st i've seen on here besides me that has the ref 30. how do u like the sound? the functionality? which amp & speakers u using?

the lf has had some problems in the past & looks like someone else on here had a problem from a recent ubid deal. i think ubid's policy is u have to return it thru them.

are u saying u hooked up the lf10 just in place of the ksw. iow, if u hook up the ksw to the current rca connect it works fine? if so, 1st do u have the output

control on the lf-10 itself turned up?

------------------

My Home Systems Page

"i think ubid's policy is u have to return it thru them"

I actually just hang up the phone with a UBID rep. and he is emailing me the RMA and UPS pick up for tommrow.

"are u saying u hooked up the lf10 just in place of the ksw. iow, if u hook up the ksw to the current rca connect it works fine? if so, 1st do u have the output

control on the lf-10 itself turned up?"

Yes, I did turn the LFE knob on the LF-10 all the way up at one point,I even have the LFE level on the Ref 30 all the the way to 12. I think I've excausted all the possible solutions I can think of to make the thing work but it just does not get louder than the bass coming from my Monitor Audio 9i's.

I also tried the main line input on the LF10 on my main 2 channel system via the extra R/L output on my SF Line 2SE pre and still not enough bass.

"you're the 1st i've seen on here besides me that has the ref 30. how do u like the sound? the functionality? which amp & speakers u using?"

I love the sound of the Ref 30's and it's versatility is just second to none. I'm using Monitor Audio 9i's, 4i's, 12i's and a pair of Klipsch quintets for back surrounds. I'm also using a Parasound HCA 2003A for the fronts and center and a pair of Parasound HCA 1000A's for the four surrounds.

I will eventually get the RSW 15's I think next weekend, The KSW 12 is 4 years old and really needs a replacement. I hardly use my HT unlike my 2 channel system that is why I never really put too much time and money on it.

How about you what speakers and amps are you using on the ref 30? Are you using the 5 channel analog inputs for DVD Audio?

This message has been edited by Graysmurf on 01-29-2002 at 04:10 PM

gs, my link below has my system layouts. haven't gotten a dvd-audio yet. waiting for that new firewire tech 1st & then the upgrade to the ref 30 (which BK is saying won't happen for a while because the 30 is "too new". they're probably waiting for that firewire too til they also have an upgrade to dts es & DPLII & such in the dsp & new 192/24 dacs).

just got that new 7270 amp. it's still breaking in but sounding great.

------------------

My Home Systems Page