No Brainer?

Birddog

Hello, I'm a newb and carry all that newb baggage. I've been a sidelines fan of Klipsch since the late 60's and just now have the opportunity to score some used home theater speakers. I think it's a no brainer, but since it seems so obvious there must be something I need to know. I can get 1 SC5 center channel, 2 SS5 rear?, and 2 SF1 fronts for under $200 at a local Pawn Shop. I have an older Aiwa AV D5OU Stereo AV Receiver that I'll use to power these. Am I missing anything? I've done a search on these speakers and all I can come up with is that they are probably late 90's era. I see several of the SC5's listed as NOS on EBAY too.

Many thanks in advance,

Birddog

The only things missing from your list to make yours a "proper" home theater are:

1) A subwoofer (The powered subwoofers section of this forum is chock-full of helpful advice and ideas, ask theEar about his subsonic array or Ricci about his XXX 18 sub [6]).

2) A surround sound receiver (You state that it's an A/V stereo receiver - any idea if it has optical or digital coaxial inputs?)

Those two things will round out the package nicely.

Enjoy

Thanks for the quick reply, I gather I should buy this setup. My receiver is a 5.1 and has inputs in the jack style for 5.1 INPUT: Front, Surround, and Subwoofer. Also a jack for Superwoofer. Additionally, it has all the conventional wire terminals labeled: Surround R/L, Center, and Front 2R,2L (7 pairs total).

Birddog