Best crossover setting for RF-82's?

charles04245

So I finally did some tweaking here and there and decided to set all my speakers to smal in my receiver. Now my receiver gives me options to adjust the crossover setting for each speaker (40hz, 60hz, 80hz, 100hz, and 120hz) what do you all recommend for the settings to be at for the RF-82's?

When I did the Auddyssey auto calibration in my receiver it set the surrounds to 80hz crossover, the center to 40hz, and the LFE to 80hz

Thanks for the help.

THX recommends setting all crossover frequencies at 80Hz this may be higer or lower than you may want. I think most people crossover at 80Hz with the exception of their fronts and surrounds depending on their size. I have RF 5, which are similar to the RF 82 and set the crossover just abovewhat they rated at, ie 40 Hz. If you want the most bass possible from your system cross everything over at the speakers lowest rated frequencies, except the sub which is good at 80Hz or below for me.

80Hz would eb a good starting point then adjust from there. What do you have for your setup?