Upgrade advice from Klipsch RF52's to WF-34s or B&Ws

MMacLeod

Hi all,

So my current HT setup is a pair of Klipsch RF-52s, an RC-52, and a RW-10d. It's time for a change. The purpose of this change was originally to consolidate space but - after much research - I've been bitten by the bug again and have decided to upgrade. I would like to upgrade to some speakers that I can be very happy with for at least a few years until I move into a bigger place - and ones that I can build on.

Here are my options and cost to me:

WF-34s : $780 + shipping

Keep the RC-52

Keep the RW-10d or sell and get XW-300d for $450 + shipping

WB-14 bookshelf speakers : $390 + shipping

Keep the RC-52

Keep the RW-10d or sell and get XW-300d for $450 + shipping

3. I know this is a Klipsch forum, but please try to be as unbiased as possible ;)

B&W 683s : not sure on price, it'd take a chunk out of my wallet

Sell the RC-52

Sell the RW-10d

Based on these options, what would you recommend? I'm getting a deal (at least I think so) on the Klipsch speakers so the B&Ws would be quite a bit more expensive. For those who have heard both the Klipsch speakers and the B&W speakers, how do you compare? The WF-34s versus bookshelf WB-14s? Also, how much sound quality would I lose going to the WB-14 bookshelf speakers?

I currently have a Yamaha RX-V463 receiver, what receiver would you match with your recommendation?

I use the speakers 70/30 music/movies.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

- Marc

Hopefully you can listen to them. They have a very different sound than the Reference. For an extra 400 get the WF 35, WC 24 and WB 14's along with
the XW-300d.

I would recommend Not trying to mix the Reference series speakers with the ICON series as they are two unique animals..............

If you like the RF 52 sound, than I would recommend moving up the Reference ladder to say the RF 62, or 83's.............JMHO

Myself, I really like the NEW ICON series and for the price it provides great bang for the buck.................