Satch

InnerTuber

Last night we went to see Mountain. Leslie West and Corky Lang, different bass player. I have always like Leslie and Corky was a hoot. It was a fun show and Leslie did a good job on the solo singing. Wish Felix was there but the new bass player rocked. Corky spent all night trying to bounce sticks off his cymbal and shoot them to people and giving Leslie the finger for laughing cause his aim was crap. Played all of my fav songs. Good show.

Then it was Joe! OMG. Joe and Stu Hamm amaze me. Satch is getting better. Just a friggen wall of riffs. Stu played a great solo and a lot of it wandered around Zep's goin to California. Joe just rips. I think when you get up to Petruci, Malmstein, Vai - all those guys with way too much skill, I find that Joe plays stuff I can always tap my foot to while my jaw hangs open. As much as I love to watch Dream Theater live they lose me sometimes on CD. So, go Satch! Bonus is my wife digs him too ... Can't go wrong seeing Joe.

He's trying some new sounds I think. Voice box thing, one song sounded quite Santanaish. Course they all end up sounding like Joe in the middle who is probably the best wammy bar guy I can think of on the high notes.

It dun made a bad day mo fun fer me.