RF-35 and jazz

troutboy

I have found a decent price on a set of new RF-35 speakers. I am going to use them in my second system which has a tube pre and a ss amp. Most of my listening with this system will be classic jazz and classical music. Anybody using RF-35's for old jazz stuff willing to comment on how they perform with this style of music?

Thanks for all responses.

I run RF-35s with RC-35 center and R-5800 in-walls for rears/surround.

The RF-35s sound very nice in stereo or 5 channel DTS movies, with everything I've listened to. Now, they will not have the same sound as Heritage Klipsch speakers or the larger reference line RF-5 or RF-7. But for the reference line, they do very well.

I like them spaced out at 15 - 20 feet separation and toed in to sweet spot about 10-12-14 feet away from the "front" plane. Dave Koz (Saxaphonic) rocks, Acoustic Alchemy kicks, Dire Straits (Brothers in Arms) cooks, Vivaldi (four seasons), Aaron Copeland (Appalachia), Diana Krahl, Pink Floyd (DSOTM) is awesome, I haven't found anything that sounds bad. Running with Denon AVR-1804 at 90 W per channel, the RF-35s are rated at 100 Watts. No experience with tube pre. Soon I'll be trying 5.1 DVD-A and SACD courtesy of Denon 2900 recently purchased from forum member, can't wait!

At their price point for Klipsch reference, they got me back into the audio game after 30 years off to raise kids. Always looking to upgrade, but I have no complaints with the RF-35s.