Anyone knows at what frequency the ports on the RF-82 begin to be a (m)

WolfsBane

... major factor in the overall sound of the speaker? I have my system configured to small on the AVR (including for two channel applications), and I want to try to minimize the influence of the ports on the overall sound of the two channel system due to placement issues of the mains within my room. What I'm trying to do, specially for music, is to integrate my mains and my sub to minimize what the ports contribute on all three speakers, (in other words have the drivers do the work). I have a Yammy, so the crossover is automatically set to 90hz when I set the mains to "small".

Thanks~

It is difficult to tell without seeing actual sound curves. I haven't seen any like that for the RF.

However, the port in any bass reflex has a very limited range. The port is used to goose up loading in the lowest octave, at best. The spec sheet on the unit shows response down to 33 Hz or so. I'll guess that the actual peak of port radiation is at 40 to 45 Hz. There is a rough symetry about the peak. Therefore, it does not extent much above 80 Hz.

If you have a 90 or 80 Hz crossover point, probably that is cutting off much of the freqs which would excite the bass port.

Wm McD