250 to spend on PC speakers

Sanshyuum

I've started listening to a lot of music recently and thought id upgrade from my 5 year old speakers that came with my old HP desktop.

Like the title says, i have $250.

Until last night i was almost positive i was getting the BOSE companion 3 series 2 speakers, but i read some reviews that made me think twice.

What do you all suggest?

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm open to getting the ProMedia 2.1's for sure... but i need you, or someone else for that matter to explain why they are better, or why bose is not better. etc.

My main turnoff for klipsch is that they dont look as nice as bose.. but i am in it for the sound.

I mostly listen to hard rock, heavy metal, and industrial music

San,

Two things. Klipsch speakers are much more efficient than most speakers, thus producing sound better, with more clarity and feeling.

Secondly though if you listen to Hard Rock, and you most likely listen to it Loudly. Then I would suggest that you run an rca cable from your computer to a Simple stereo Receiver and get Bigger Speakers to listen thru.

I am Not saying that Klipsch speakers Won't handle the job, I Know that any computer Speaker, if pushed too hard Won't last as well as Regular Stereo Speakers, that are Made to handle Bigger, Louder Loads.............Just something to think about.

The Klipsch Promedia 2.1 will crush anything made by ****. If you want cute pretty speakers, get the ****. If you want the best sound for the money, get Klipsch. Promedia 2.1 are currently available direct from Klipsch for $149.99 with free shipping. http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/promedia-2-1.aspx

Buy a few extra CDs with the $ you'll save. **** puts it's money in marketing and cosmetics. Klipsch puts its money in the sound.