Blu-ray -vs- Denon 2900

PhilMays

Questions, questions, and more questions....

As some of you guys know, we've moved. I'm reconfiguring my theater as we speak. What was once my old theater (and still current one) will become the kids theater (minus the RF-7's and RC-7.

Anyhoooooo, we now have a blue-ray (Panasonic BD-30). Playing regular DVD's, Will this player outperform my Denon 2900? My monitor is a RPTV Pioneer (Still extremely sharp) unit, but only does 720P and component conections.

The reason I ask is that we bought a samsung 46" LCD that does 1080P with HDMI connections and hung it on the living room wall. The picture is sweet on blu-ray, but the wife will not allow any speakers, etc, so, the blu-ray is simply for picture only.

I was thinking if the blu-ray would do DVD's at least as good, I might move it to the theater and bring the 2900, or my 2800 to the family room.

Thanks in advance....many more questions to follow.

Well, I guess I'll keep the monitors where they are. Wife wanted the flat panel TV, soooo.............

Anyway, the dedicated theater downstairs will be a projector with Blu-ray and the works....

For now I was just wondering....out loud.

In another thread I read where some players offer the 7.1 analog connection. I may look into that as well for the theater.

Sorry did not understand the situation[:D]!

I have the Denon 2900 and it has a outstanding picture. I would use it with component cables to the older tv. I have a Sony 34 in widescreen CRT(heavy beast!!) that I used with my Denon 2900 with great picture. Since it is a 34 inch screen the detail is almost the same as BLue Ray with my HDTV. When I got my Sony 52 rearprojection HDTV the Denon 2900 still did a good job but not as good as the Toshiba HD A35 player or the PS3 blue ray player.

Use the blue ray with the flat panel since they are made for HD dvds. The Denon would still look good on the flat panel but the HDMI cable and Blue ray players/dvds give it a really outstanding pic on HDTVs.

Then later get another flat panel tv and blue ray player for the home theater room.