Magnetic interference problem with an Academy??

carbon summit

Has anyone had any problems with magnetic interference with an Academy on top their TV?

I know it has shielded woofers and tweeter but I'm sure the Academy is what the problem is. I've got an older 36" TV that as soon as it dies I'll upgrade to a HDTV. I got the itch to put the Academy into my HT setup the other day and I noticed tonight that it was getting green and purple on top of screen. I took the Academy off the top of the TV and turned the TV off for a minute and when I turned it back on all is well.

Any advice?

I was going to post a picture of the foam/box but couldn't figure out how. I see the pic button on the toolbar but it wants a URL. Is there a way to get the pic right off my computer?

I'm glad to hear the foam is factory. Petty but if it wasn't I'd wonder what else the prior owner did to it. Wow. with the center channel disconnected you can really tell how much work that speaker does in a HT setup.