Connect Promedia DD5.1 to GMX D5.1 Speakers

kfalls

I have the GMX D5.1. The module is very "hissy", loud enough I can hear it accross the room. I found a Promedia DD5.1 processor on ebay. Can the DD5.1 be used as a replacement for the GMX D5.1 module? Is there a way to connect the Promedia DD5.1 module so I can use the sub/amp and speakers of the GMX D5.1?

if I recall correctly the DD-5.1 is just a decoder/Preamp mainly to be used with hooking up all sorts of systems (mainly digital) to the klipsch ProMedia (analog) series speaker systems, but I do not think that it can be used by itself in place of a control module. the system you have which is the gmx-D5.1 is a Digital system with the decoder built in to the control pod, the best solution would be to try and find another control pod although with that systme that may be easier said than done, I have 2 of those systems myself but have not scene anyone selling the pod by itself for a while.