K-70G and K-68A compression drivers question

longdrive03

Those are used only in KPT1201, a professional theater surround speaker. The K-70G is used in a fairly new speaker, if I have my charts correct. The KPT-1201-T2 I think is where the 70 is used. That is the double horn 'virtual boundary' surround speaker recently invented by Roy Delgado.

Do you have these drivers in your possession?

Here's info on the KPT 1201

KPT-12 VB here

Looks like both of these use the K-70-G, I think then that the K-68 was used on early versions of the KPT 1201. It was also used on the later versions of the KI-262, a 2-way pro trapezoid enclosure for theaters, churches, auditorioms etc.

If you're looking to sell them, give me a buzz.

Michael

The k-70-g driver is a real nice driver. I have 4 of them. 2 new spares and 2 that came installed in the top section of the KPT-435. The KPT-435 use a K-70-G on a k-703 horn as a tweeter and a k-69-A on a K-510 horn as a mid driver.

The K-70-G driver is a standard 1 3/8ths TPI thread mount driver so it fits on many horns.

It looks like the K-70-G also is used on a KPT-335.

Keep in mind, that although it's a pretty large driver, it's a tweeter driver.

"What's a fair price on these puppies??? "

I think I paid 97 bucks for the new and unsued in sealed boxes spare pair I have . These are pretty inexpensive. As far as what they are worth used....you would have to factor the unknowns of the diaphragm history.