speaker selection

winchester21

Hi folks

New here and I don't know jack about the new stuff. My 10 year old Sony surround sound receiver died so I had to start buying stuff. Been out of the product loop for about 6- 8 or so years. I bought a Sony DA4300ES and decided to go to 7.1 Bought RB81 rears and RB61 for sides. I had a b&K power amp and a HK 870 from back in the day so I am running the rears with the BK and the sides with the HK 870. I bought a Carver A753 3 channel amp from e-bay which is running the fronts and the center. The Carver is a beast and has got me looking at a new center/fronts. Also maybe a new sub. I am seriously looking at RF83s and an RC64. mabe the 12" Powered sub. My system sounds great compared to before but I can see that my older speakers may need an upgrade. Any advice or reccomendations are greatly appreciated. TIA

Sony DA4300ES- new Sony BPD-S550 blue Ray-new Adcom GCD700 DC Changer-mid 90s?

Rb61s- new RB 81s - new RF3s- 7 or 8 yrs old Klipsch KV 2 center- mid 90s? Definitive powerfield 15 sub 370 watts

harmon Kardon 870 amp- old B&K 4420ES amp- late 90s Carver A753 3 channel amp 2001

Definitly upgrade the center with the RC 64.

The RF83 is a great speaker, it will be an upgrade compare to the RF 3, but don't disregard the RF 3 so quick. I still think it is one the best speaker you can get for the money.

If you can I would return the RB 61 and move the RF 3 to surround duty.

Regarding the sub, there are so many choices. I personnally like the RSW 12 and RSW 15 but alot of people have been very happy with SVS, epic and HSU subs.