wonderful but..

brettyamo

I have purchased v.2-400's and they are too good for my bedroom computer setup...so good that i have had complaints from neighbors. Is there a a way to set this system up on a regular home audio theater system? The sound card jack plugs on the v.2-400 do not work on a standard a/v stereo receiver. Does Klipsch offer a plug solution? For the sanity of my neighbors, please help.

I'm not absolutely knowledgeable of the hardware involved but I suspect the input to your rig is similar to the miniplug on a pair of Walkman headphones.

You should be able to go to the local Radio Shack. A salesman should be able to set you up with an adaptor or two (it may take two)which will work. You probably wind up with a female miniplug to male RCA.

Incidentally, this, the "Pro" section of the bbs is for theater type stuff. You should re-post on the "Pro Media" section. You'll probably get better responses.

Gil

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by brettyamo:

I have purchased v.2-400's and they are too good for my bedroom computer setup...so good that i have had complaints from neighbors. Is there a a way to set this system up on a regular home audio theater system? The sound card jack plugs on the v.2-400 do not work on a standard a/v stereo receiver. Does Klipsch offer a plug solution? For the sanity of my neighbors, please help.

Yep we know the problem and have the solution! IF you have variable pre amp outputs simply use a female stereo 3.5mm to dual RCA male adapter "Y" or plug. If you don't have low level audio outs (Pre Amp Outputs) we the SCI 4.1 Hi2Lo Level Stereo Adapter Converter to allow your Speaker Outputs to feed the Pro Audio 4.1s. We have sold many of these to the military for use in multimedia training rooms. Cost is $19.95 each plus shipping and we take Cr. Cards. You'll need one for a Stereo only system and (2) for surround sound. Call 888-311-4499 for customer service at Synergy Concepts, Inc. Dallas. We are an authorized Klipsch Pro Dealer. Regards, Doctor John

quote:

Originally posted by brettyamo:

Yep we know the problem and have the solution! IF you have variable pre amp outputs simply use a female stereo 3.5mm to dual RCA male adapter "Y" or plug. If you don't have low level audio outs (Pre Amp Outputs) we the SCI 4.1 Hi2Lo Level Stereo Adapter Converter to allow your Speaker Outputs to feed the Pro Audio 4.1s. We have sold many of these to the military for use in multimedia training rooms. Cost is $19.95 each plus shipping and we take Cr. Cards. You'll need one for a Stereo only system and (2) for surround sound. Call 888-311-4499 for customer service at Synergy Concepts, Inc. Dallas. We are an authorized Klipsch Pro Dealer. Regards, Doctor John