Warm sounding PRE/PRO with Mcintosh amp

moparrob

Hello and welcome to the forum. Of those listed I only have heard the B&K and yes it is warm sounding and should make a nice fit. I'd also consider McIntosh, as MX-132's and 119's have been very cheap on eBay lately. I've seen an MX-119 sell for $1500 which is a great deal, not to mention the incredible resale that McIntosh equiment has. The Classe SSP-30mkii can be found on Audiogon for about $1000 and it is one of the best at 2 channel analog. Lots of great choices, good luck.

I wouldn't call the Lexicon processors warm sounding, at least not compared to a MAC, Classe or B&K. The MX-132 is an older design that incorporates a few extra features compared to the newer but slightly stripped down MX-119. The MX-119 is a superior performer to the older 132. Only a newer MX-135 could compare with the MX-119 and they are far more costly for the few extras you get. MX-119's are selling as low as $1500 and that is a steal, considering that MAC's older Pro-Logic controllers still sell for about $1100. The MX-132, 134, 135 and 119's all have 5.1 multi channel inputs for DVD Audio, SACD and BluRay playback, something Lexicon and Meridian do not offer in their older models such as the MC-1. However, Shawn Fogg (a member here) can modify the Lexicon DC-1, DC-2 and MC-1 to accept a mulit-channel input for very little $$. But again I would stress Moparrob's desire for a warm sounding pre, and that is not a Lexicon that I've heard.