Quintet II vs Quintet III

greerr

Finally getting ready to add surround sound after moving and had someone suggest the Quintet III speakers. While trying to shop around saw that someone still had a set of Quintet II for quite a bit less money. Wondering if there is a big difference? Or, if can still find the IIs are they still a good set of speakers? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Looking to have a decent sound system...something better than the box deal sets, but don't have the budget to go top of the line currently.

Unfortunately the Quintet line doesn't get much attention on here. How big of a space are you trying to fill with sound? I have the QII's with the KSW10 and I like them. I have a small family room(14x10) and they work just fine for music and movies. I will admit that my next upgrade will be to the Cinema 10's. I have heard them and they do sound very good.

Both are great budget systems that sound fantastic. Years ago, and before I bought my first pair of synergy, I did a lot of sub/sat system comparing. The Quintet II sounded "better" than the mirage AVS, Kef "egg shell" sub/sats, and JBL northridge (w/4" driver) but just edged out the definitive pro cinema 80. However for the price, it left them decibles behind :) If you could get both at the same price, the quintet III are good. If the II are cheaper you can't go wrong with them either.

Now if its a package your interested in (with subwoofer) I highly recommend whatever system would comes with the Sud 10 or 12. The new synergy subs are much improved over the older KSW series in all areas.

I'm rather new to the whole Home theater system. I am usually on another home theater site which gives good information. I decided recently to join the Klipsch forum since I own a sound system from them. Maybe more informative information about my speakers.

Reading your reply I am shocked to hear that the Quintet line doesn't get much attention here. I have the III's and I have them for my surrounds(7.1) being pushed by the Onkyo 805 and I truly love them babies. When I bought them I didn't know anything about the Cinema 10's and I am wondering how much better are they over the III's.

Quintets have "lured" many of us into the Klipsch realm. Many people still use in their main theater. When I was in the Airforce I purchased a car from one of the Group Commanders (Full bird Colonel/O-6). When I went into his house he had Quintets for his theater. I naturally inquired about his Klipsch and he said "The Synergys meet my home theater needs, but I have a pair of Fortes in my 2-channel room". The quintets are a very good micro theater/sub sat system fro the price. If you seek affirmation on your purchasecheck out this review:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_9_3/product-roundup-small-speakers-klipsch-9-2002.html

Subwoofers have evolved much since this review, however secrets of home theater and high fidelity is probably one of the most respected audio magazines out there; online or hard copy (IMO).

lol, That's interesting how you have "lured" us into the Klipsch realm. When I bought them I wasn't for sure if the Onkyo 805 would be to much for them, but they really hold there own. They are not as small as they seem in the pics or I would be getting me another set for the bedroom. I have another idea for that room.

I just posted some pics in 'lets see YOUR Home theater' from the list in my sig, I can't help but LOVE the Onkyo 805, Quintet III's and the 2 Sub-12's

lol, That's interesting how you have "lured" us into the Klipsch realm. When I bought them I wasn't for sure if the Onkyo 805 would be to much for them, but they really hold there own. They are not as small as they seem in the pics or I would be getting me another set for the bedroom. I have another idea for that room.

I just posted some pics in 'lets see YOUR Home theater' from the list in my sig, I can't help but LOVE the Onkyo 805, Quintet III's and the 2 Sub-12's

Hey, nice set-up! I have a buddy that used to use WDST surrounds with his SB-2 (synergy series prior to the current) based home theater. He ended up returning them and going with quintets instead. Your right, quintets are much larger in person. I would say the most "drastic" experience with something being larger in real life than in pics was at this years Klipsch Pilgrimmage; They had a pair of 60th Anniversary Klipschorns on display, I had no idea they were that large in real life...unbelievable. I couldn't imagine the size of their pro cinema gear!

I have been thinking about adding a Emotiva amp to that set-up, I'm just not sure how I want to do it.

1. a MPS-2 for all 7 channel's

2. a XPA-5 for everything except the rears which I can connect to the 805

3. a XPA-5 for the surround's, center and a XPA-2 for the F2's

Funny you mention Emotiva, I just finished reading a review of the XPA-2 (same online mag). I can't believe how much prices have come down on amplification. Nice design on the MPS -2; either option would be a drastic improvent and really show the capabilities of your speakers

Well, I think it's a done deal. It won't be anytime too soon, I think I will have to sneak that into my system. Take care of Christmas, pay of a few things and hiding money in the house somewhere....... lol

Have it sent to a friends house... lol

You know @ times like these you realize your not the man of the house..... lol