What rear speaker to match with Heritage

PhilMays

Well, I'm a proud new PAPA...of some new speakers [:)] ...... On Firay I'm picking up verticle Cornwalls from Spongeworthy, and I bought Michael Colters Academy center.....I will use those as the front sound stage and my forte II's for surrounds....I have a chance at a pair of minty Chorus II's which could be surrounds and forte II's for rears...kinda sounds like overkill to me......for space sake, what other otions can "you's guy's" reccomend for rear speakers if I don't get the Chorus II's. I could hang these and mount them high......TIA!

If I use my forte II's for surrounds, it'll be a "heft" for sure....but what about the rear speakers? What would work well? I actually have a single RS-7 that I'm not using....do you think that would be inappropiate considering the lack of information and the type of information passed to the rear?

lots of questions Phil. You have to play to the room.

What's the room layout?

Are we talking 5.1 or 7.1?

If 5.1 do the surrounds have to be behind you or can they be on side walls?

How far do you sit from side walls and rear walls?

There is no one 'right' answer, but the best solutions depend to a great deal on the room layout and what is acceptable to the decorator.

Michael