KLF 20, What To Do?

tom b. 57

I just picked up a satin black KLF 20 that sounds wonderful but has more than it's share of issues.

The outside of the cabinet is in pretty good shape, other than a back corner rounded and a couple of spots where the black paint has been chipped away. The grill is in dang near perfect condition.

The issues lie under the grill. The motor board is cracked in the upper right corner (does not rattle or vibrate at all) and the rubber grommet in that corner is pushed into the motor board a bit. The cover peg still connects fairly well.

The top woofer's dust cap is dented in pretty good and I may not be able to bring it back to it's original shape.

The bottom woofer has a crack in the poly carbon graphite cone. The previous owner put a piece of scotch tape over the crack.

How would I repair this crack?

The thing sounds wonderful. The defects that I have mentioned do not effect the sound what-so-ever. The speaker sounds fantastic. I have checked it out at all levels, including volume levels that no man should subject himself to.

My dilemma is, do I part it out and sell the undamaged parts ( which to me sounds like blasphemy) or do I keep it and possibly use it at some later date as a center for my Cornwalls?

Or, do I offer it up as is for $100.00?

I don't have a heck of a lot of storage room anymore.

Is there a market for good used high and mid drivers ?

What could one expect to get from the sale of these drivers?

Tom