I am installing a pair of Crites woffers into one of my pair of La Scalas

davmar

If you play bass guitar through the woofers that came out of you La Scala, expect to destroy them pretty quickly...unless you are planning to do this for "bedroom practicing" at a very low level.

The designed physical response of bass guitar musical instrument speakers as the power goes up is:

Linear, then non-linear, then overdriven (they are designed with plenty of reserve so they can operate in non-linear forever without damage and will tolerate considerable overdriven operation without guaranteed damage - they are tough and designed to be driven hard; but if you keep going up in power then they may be ultimately damaged.

The designed response for high-fi speakers is:

Linear, then a bit of non-linear, then overdrive damage. (They are not designed to be driven hard). They do not have the design reserve to ease into non-linear but for the briefest of moments and that thin reserve is very much closer to the overdriven level at which any extended operation at that level may destroy them.

I would take those other comments about K33s not being suitable with a grain of salt, not all bass players like their speakers to distort. In fact, musical instrument speakers like the JBL E145 are much more linear than the K33.