D.I.Y. Subwoofer suggestions to suppliment cornwalls

Mike Price

I just got a chance to plug these two into Winisd , the AV15 rolls off a little too high for me , the SDX15 however looks really nice , I'm thinking maybe two of them in a 6 cubic foot sealed box would probably be a really good option, I have both winisd beta , and winisd pro , I have been having problems with the pro , for instance when i plug in the parameters for the sdx15 , it wont let me save it because of " inconsistancy in the parameters" any tips on this???

Maybe I linked to the wrong AV15...it should be good into the 20's no problem. There are three versions and they go down to different depths. As far as the param issue, turn off "autocalibrate unknown values" BEFORE you start addng anything.

Forgot to mention it keeps up with my LaScalas. Room is 22' X 24'.

Thats some very useful information , and from a fellow Southerner The Titanic got great reviews on parts express site , but as I'm sure you know it takes a hell of alot more sub to keep up with these big Klipsch than your average ht in a box , so for me to hear from a lascala owner that the titanic keeps up with them is really boosting my confidence in that driver. There are so many capable subs out there , and they all model so closely in winisd , it makes choosing the right one difficult. Did you go sealed or ported with yours?

I just got a chance to plug these two into Winisd , the AV15 rolls off a little too high for me , the SDX15 however looks really nice , I'm thinking maybe two of them in a 6 cubic foot sealed box would probably be a really good option, I have both winisd beta , and winisd pro , I have been having problems with the pro , for instance when i plug in the parameters for the sdx15 , it wont let me save it because of " inconsistancy in the parameters" any tips on this???

Maybe I linked to the wrong AV15...it should be good into the 20's no problem. There are three versions and they go down to different depths. As far as the param issue, turn off "autocalibrate unknown values" BEFORE you start addng anything.

THANK YOU!!!!!! , I was pullin my hair out tryin to figure out what i was entering wrong , Now i feel dumb.

+1 on the drivers that DrWho mentioned.

I have SDX's and they sound very good and will really rock your music with appropriate power (which you have). I don't have direct experience with the AE's but they get a lot of praise, and the design is very nice. A pair of either will be several cuts above your 10" JL.

Yeah , I just got a chance to model them in Winisd , and I like the SDX alot , the av-15 doesnt quite go deep enough for my taste looks like f3 is around 47hz , So what type of enclosure do you have your sdx's in? and how well do they do with movies?

I have a pair in 8cu ft sealed. They do great for music and movies.

Forgot to mention it keeps up with my LaScalas. Room is 22' X 24'.

Thats some very useful information , and from a fellow Southerner The Titanic got great reviews on parts express site , but as I'm sure you know it takes a hell of alot more sub to keep up with these big Klipsch than your average ht in a box , so for me to hear from a lascala owner that the titanic keeps up with them is really boosting my confidence in that driver. There are so many capable subs out there , and they all model so closely in winisd , it makes choosing the right one difficult. Did you go sealed or ported with yours?

I built the ported version using the plan on parts express. http://www.parts-express.com/pdf/295-420vented.pdf

I used 6" pvc with an elbow to get 33.5" port.

Sean