chorus II passive 15" radiator

mmantzaris

Klipsch has kept a stock of parts for your 20 year old speaker and you have issue with price? The passives have a basket and carefully integrated cone, suspension, spider and are of a specific mass and compliance in order to work best with the Chorus II cabinet size and it's woofer specifications.

Why cheap out? Get the oem parts for best performance.

Michael

Klipsch has kept a stock of parts for your 20 year old speaker and you have issue with price? The passives have a basket and carefully integrated cone, suspension, spider and are of a specific mass and compliance in order to work best with the Chorus II cabinet size and it's woofer specifications.

Why cheap out? Get the oem parts for best performance.

Michael

Michael I am cool with that.

But I have wondered for years why not put a low cost metal or plastic screen over the passive so people would not have problems in the first place.

I need to get off my but and protect mine in some fashion one of these days.

This thread really should be in Tech, 2 ch, or updates.

Here's what I've done. You can get the 'waffle' grilles at any music store, guitar shop, or Parts Express. A further mod on this is to eliminate the brackets by drilling directly through the rim of the grille and re-use the passive radiator hold-down screws. This also eliminates making any new holes in the cabinet.

M

post-10755-13819445597734_thumb.jpg