TX-NR905 SOUND QUALITY??

Mike Price

Ok , it's in place and in use , and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. The surround sound from my blu-ray's is probaly some of the best I've ever heard through this thing , the two channel audio is good too , although there are a few quirks , like I love what audyssey did to my frequency response , but when you run in pure mode , it defeats , and the subwoofer goes away , also it trimmed my cornwalls back -12db in the auto speaker setup , so i find myself turning the volume fairly high to get them up to listening level , I havent had the chance to do any real critical listening yet ( wife and kids home ) but from what i have listened to i hear some pretty big improvements over my last setup , mainly in the bass , chello sounds alot more like chello instead of alot of boom , I'm thinking I might have had a big peak in my bass response that was responsible for this. My biggest concern prior to hooking it up was the heat , which seems to me has been blown way out of proportion , the back right corner , where the reon chip is , gets warm , but just warm , and it doesnt matter if the unit is just sitting there on , or running full tilt , it stays the same, so that was a relief. I've only had it hooked up for 2 days now so im sure I got alot to learn about it , but so far so good , definitley no regrets. Now I gotta get started on a new sub , cant decide between a Maelstrom-X and a RL-P18 but thats another thread.........................