Promedia 2.1 Control Pod

car121

Has anyone received a positive response from Klipsch, if they are willing to help out there customers with this ongoing faulty Pod Control issue. I would think they would maybe realize that this is a big problem with this model, and they would offer to replace the part for free. I recently wrote to Klipsch customer service and they told me that only 2% of these Promedia 2.1 pod control had problems. From reading on this site and other tech sites, it seems to me that 90%-100% have this problem. I really expected more from Klipsch..

I dela with these DIN plugs on a daily basis but even with that being said I can say that 2% is a surprising number, i would have thoguht it would be more like 1% I have no idea how many of these sell every day but lets say it is only 100 per day, i refuse to think that 90-100 of them would be problematic, and the problem is easily fixed, send me the unit and Irepalce the plug for you and you will never ever have to worry about it again.

Adam

Well in viewing this site alone it has it's own topic's on this issue, and as you can see there are many that are complaining about this issue, not including other sites.. Google this topic and you will see... The point is Klipsch needs to admit that this is a problem with this faulty part, and stand behind there product. I realize there are ways to repairing this part, but Klipsch should step up, and remember customer satisfication is #1 in the bussiness world....

Well in viewing this site alone has it's own topic's on this issue, and as you can see there are many that are complaining about this issue, not including other sites.. Google this topic and you will see... The point is Klipsch needs to admit that this is a problem with this faulty part, and stand behind there product. I realize there are ways to repairing this part, but Klipsch should step up, and remember customer satisfication is #1 in the bussiness world.

Yes, but that is only because that is when people decide to go around asking questions or making comments, which is when things are going worng, when things are good people don't have much to write about.I mean personally, I think that 2% is still a high amount and not very good at all, but I think you making a comment such as "90-100%" is incredibly inaccurate, but also irrelavent, Klipsch uses the same plugs as many other manufacturers and they have these issues happening, the only way around this design flaw is to come up with a whole new connector, and also, keep in mind, that the cable end breaking on these pods is a hell of alot better than the female end breaking, which is what what be much morel ikely to have happen if these plugs were stronger.

Ok it's fair to say that I don't have an accurate amount or percentage on how many faulty Control Pods are out there.. but we both agree that this is a problem, and it's not just two or three customers complaining about this issue... As you stated "the only way around this design flaw is to come up with a whole new connector". So you agree that there is a "design flaw" with this part, so why should this repair cost be the responsibilty of the customers... That's my point... Maybe Klipsch should get some technical advise from you, it seems to me that you have already figured out how to correct this problem. This is like a recall on a motor vehicle, if there was a flaw with a part, they correct it and then sent out recalls notices to customers to get the problem corrected at no cost to them.. But I guess customer satitisfaction is not on there priority list..

I understand what you are saying as well, but they would have to completely rethink the plug which would require coming up with the new plug type and then they swould have to change the circuitry to match the pin out on the new female end inside the sub and the cost to do such a thing would be incrdibly high considering the small amout of instances they have with them, in most cases if you call klipsch and they determine the problem is the control pod or it's din plug they will send new ones out to their customers for free, and in my opinion, that is about as good as it gets realistically, now, if they come out with a new system to replace the current 2.1 type and use the same connectors, I would be a little disappointed and would have to question their engineering department on that. But it would not be realistic for them to change what they already have to a new design, if they are going to do that then they might aswell rethink the entire setup and come out with a new line of speakers.

Well as you stated "in most cases if you call klipsch and they determine the problem is the control pod or it's din plug they will send new ones out to their customers for free". I tried this and so far , I emailed customer service and they are not willing to help out.. I even offered paying for the shipping of the part, and still nothing.

• 2 weeks later...