how to fix buzzy/bad bass..at least in my case.

fatathaland

well i called klispch to complain and they were no help... all they told me to do was send in my subwoofer.

my problem was that i was getting a sort of buzzing noise from the sub, in fact almost exactly the sound of a ripped speaker. It isnt a ripped speaker, so after experimenting with and unplugging the wire that leads to the sub from the control pod, and plugging it back into the sub, the noise goes away. After a while the buzzing will come back, but unplugging and plugging that cable back in a few times will again eventually solve the problem. It's trial and error..sometimes i'll plug it back in and get half the normal bass, other times i'll get terrible bass, and yet other times i'll get perfectly clear bass (which is when i leave it alone...)

Does that mean that the problem IS in the sub? Well the sub sounds just fine after I replug that wire a few times.

That means its either the control pod or the wire itslef.

has anyone had any similar problems? any advice??

I dont want to have to keep messing with that wire..i want a fix.

klipsch, so far I have gone through 3 sets of these things... so if you know something I don't that'll pinpoint or fix this particular problem, please tell me. (I'm starting to think that a lot of the problems people had/have are originating in the control pod)

------------------

whavid.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well why don't you call them back and see if youn get another tech rep. they may be more help, you never know. aks about sending in the controll pod too. It sure sounds like a lose connection to me. If it is the midi looking jack on the sub than it is most likely a lose connection in the sub and sending it back for repair might be the best option.

------------------

I wish I had a space ship.

This message has been edited by DarkWolf on 02-23-2002 at 09:07 PM