To Klipsch: Can you help me?

bryan2

I bought a pair of white Klipsch SS1 surround speakers online (50topsellers 800-957-7829). Although I bought the rest of my speakers at a local Klipsch dealer (I have RF-5,SC.5,KSW-12,& coming RSW-12), I found it convenient to order online just for the SS1 (I ordered this speaker last because I still have the Bose 161 at that time). I received the speakers in perfect condition until I tried to hang in on the wall. When I accidentally pressed my fingers on the white speaker cloth while trying to provide support, a black stain (like an ink) appeared. I found out that it came from the black plastic (or metal?) guide where the white speaker cloth is glued. Now I tried the other speaker (this time intentionally) and I got the same result. Now I have two stained white SS1's!. My wife tried to wipe and wash it, and it became worse. I called the online store and they send a new speaker grill, but they could only send me 1! I was looking for a similar cloth at different custom speaker shops and they don't have white cloth. I called Klipsch (at least 3 times) and they said they won't help me because I bought it in a non-authorized dealer. Authorized or non-authorized, this speaker has a cheap grill design. Considering the thousands of dollars I have already spent on Klipsch, they should have at least give me a little consideration. Klipsch.. please..

This message has been edited by bryan2 on 02-14-2002 at 11:31 AM

• 2 weeks later...