Going from Synergy to Reference... Thoughts on Sub Choice

Want300

Hello all,

I am knew to this forum, but not so new to the audio world. I'm 21 years old and I am on my fourth different audio set up now which all started with a Samsung and Klipsch HTIB system.

I am currently running a Denon AVR-988 with F-3's, B-3's, a C-2, and the Sub-12. My plan is to upgrade to the Reference series with RF-82's up front, RC-62, RB-61's, and the RW-10d. I plan on doing this rather soon and I cannot wait. I am selling my five current speakers and most likely keeping the Sub-12.

My thoughts are to possibly run two subs, one being the RW-10d and the other being the Sub-12 naturally. I am getting a pretty good deal on the speakers.

Now to the actual question...

Would this sound good with a down firing 12" and a front firing 10". I think I understand to have the phase setting on each opposite. So, 0 on one of them and 180 on the other. Would it make a difference as to which setting each was one for the phase? Am I right in thinking they should both shouldn't be the same?

OR... Should I do what I can to get a hold of the RSW-10d? Anything would be helpful. I really like the Sub-12, but there is always better and the desire for more...

Thanks Guys,

Thomas

• 1 year later...