Placement of RS-25's where one side is a corner and the other is not...

alkemyst

These will be right behind the couch about 2' back and 6.5' from the floor in that header above the door and kitchen passthrough.

The couch is about 8' for scale. Where should the RS-25's be placed on that back wall? KlipschRearStage.JPG

My quartets are directly on each side of the couch in front about a foot from the back wall and 6" from that one side wall.

KlipschFrontStage.JPG

Another option is to use the side wall next to the couch and place the right surround across the room,

The left surround would then be 5' away from main listening position and the right surround 13.5' away.

My Yamaha HTR-5960 does have time delay, but I am not sure if this is pushing it more than placing them behind and slightly to the sides and above the listening position...

[:'(] want to get them up and running

Mounted them on the side walls. The Yamaha handled the time delay just fine and it sounds great. Found out during the setup that my wife must have jacked up some settings in the audio menus. Everything is sounding excellent again and I have rear effects now with the RS-25's.

If you mount them on the side walls don't put them in the null of the
listening position. I have found that the RS series performs better if
it is 12-20" above seated ear level and 10-24" behind the listening
position. If one surround is close to the listening position and the
other is a long distance away but directly across from each pother
don't rely on YPAO to correctly set the spl level and distance. The
newer versions of YPAO is a little more accurate but I have still had
to touch up calibrations in configurations like this and others.

Happy Listening

-Ray

how should I do it? tape measure and enter it manually? The locations are pretty much set now I had to keep them close to the ceiling or my cats would jump on top of them like everything else in the house :)

As soon as I get my Avia and Audio test cds back from whoever borrowed them I will test more critically by ear.