Details on KP-250 speakers?

Donkeyshins

I'm looking for details on a pair of KP-250 speakers I picked up this weekend for $100.00. Also, I'm looking for specs / T/S parameters on the K-42 woofer. Does someone on the forum have this information? A photo of the speakers is below:

3354966548_fdc06bb200.jpg?v=0

I'm hoping to find out as much as possible about these speakers before I rebuild them (not sure if I'm going to keep the very beat up cabinets or build new ones).

Thanks!

-D

I'd advise keeping the boxes, paint them and get the replacement plastic corners. Except for paint, those cabinets are in very good condition. Got grilles? Klipsch had both metal and Heritage cloth used on them. You're look like they may have never had any but could be retrofitted.

Look up a KP201 thread here, it gives some details and part numbers from Parts Express.

The ported KP250's are loud as heck, but without a lot of deep bass. They were designed that way. I would imagine that if you could plug one or both ports you would change the tuning and possibly get more low end.

I'll look up the T/S for you when I get back in the shop.

M

I'd advise keeping the boxes, paint them and get the replacement plastic corners. Except for paint, those cabinets are in very good condition. Got grilles? Klipsch had both metal and Heritage cloth used on them. You're look like they may have never had any but could be retrofitted.

Look up a KP201 thread here, it gives some details and part numbers from Parts Express.

The ported KP250's are loud as heck, but without a lot of deep bass. They were designed that way. I would imagine that if you could plug one or both ports you would change the tuning and possibly get more low end.

I'll look up the T/S for you when I get back in the shop.

M

I was hoping to use this as front mains in a home theater system, so I don't want the corners (I have them, I removed them, I think they're ugly as heck) - I was thinking more along sanding the carcasses smooth and veneering them to look more like regular Heresys. I also have the grilles, but they are beat-up pretty badly, so I may go to Bob Crites for some new cloth. I appreciate all your help!

Thanks!

-D