Windows XP

JasonR

Hey Guys,

I just started running Windows XP with my 4.1 Promedia system, and my question is about getting all the speakers to work. I set the audio properties in windows to a quadraphonic setting, but still no luck. What am I doing wrong? This is a pain listening out of 2 of my the 4 satellite speakers. Thanks for the help.

JasonR

what sound card are you using?

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

switch the cords on the back of the computer, does the sound move now to the back two speakers? if so it is your computer, if not it is your speakers not working. I do not know anything about this card... but if you set it to 4 speaker in the windows setup, you should get 4.1 sound...

------------------

-justin

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

Found my answer.

I've been looking on other boards too... It's not the speakers for future info. If you're using Creative + WinXP + 4 speakers, its a glitch somewhere which keeps the sound on the front two speakers until you re-adjust it to quadraphonic in control panel. A lot of other people seem to be having the same problem. What a hassle doing this everytime you restart Windows.

i had to do this too till i updated the creative drivers.

------------------

-justin

Hey Guys... still no luck. Anybody know who the hell makes this SoundMAX card, and why windows will not recognize me making a change in speaker preferance. Can anybody help me out? I don't think it is a creative card, I think I am gonna haveto buy a new sound card.

Anybody with some insight.

Thanks,

JasonR

quote:

Originally posted by JasonR:

Hey Guys... still no luck. Anybody know who the hell makes this SoundMAX card, and why windows will not recognize me making a change in speaker preferance. Can anybody help me out? I don't think it is a creative card, I think I am gonna haveto buy a new sound card.

Anybody with some insight.

Thanks,

JasonR

The soundmax card does not have front rear outputs. Soundmax is an integrated soundcard with only one speaker output. You will have to buy a y adapter to be able to use all speakers. Even then, you will basically have 4 front speakers. Basically, go buy an SBlive for $30,