Great Local Rock

colterphoto1

I went back to see the same lineup the following weekend to mixed results. Although I went with good friends, the bar, warmup acts, smoke filled room and travel didn't make for the finest evening out. The PA Sucked although the sound engineer did everything he could to save the show.

Next time we'll stay in Indy.

M

It sounds like a great band. I can appreciate almost any form of music. Dixieland is certainly one of them. It brings me back to my childhood memories everytime and isn't that why you like music anyhow. It moves you spiritually. My father and brothers have been band directors in their earlier days. They have all had dance bands also along with my mother who played electric bass. Now isn't that just cool! Our hometown city in Bryan, Ohio has a city band. This band primarily plays a lot of oldies and especially dixieland. Dad also played in Bud Wiedmers Rube Band which had them all dressing funny in clown outfits and playing...you guessed it, more dixieland. They also had a favorite of mine that I remember. "I wanna marry a girl just like the girl that married dear ol'e Dad".

Good times for sure.

Oh... now that I hear more of this track I hear that the wiseguysband can get quite funky too. They sound really good DTel...

hey colter, whystore is a really great band. i've listened to them since they put out their first album around the mid 90's. i wish i would have known they were in louisville, i would've went for sure. chris has a real unique voice. the original lineup is what i want to see. last i heard, they played the music mill in indy several times the past year or so. for anyone interested, southern culture on the skids is going to be in louisville the end of may at a place called headliners. can't wait to check them out... [<:o)]