Must read-one for the record books- HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Saturday afternoon, after a brutal 9-1/2 hour drive- round trip from Charlotte to Atlanta and back- I finally got home with my prizes- a pair of Tubemagic monoblocs from the garage. I imediately got out the skillsaw and fabricated some makeshift brick and plywood platforms to place these 60 lb 12 x 24 x 10 monsters next to my other stuff, A t the anxiously awaited moment of truth , i was greeted by a 60 DB chainsaw /electric razor like hum from hades coming from both k horns- equally. After 2hours of swapping wires and inputs- to no avail- I finally said to heck with it and crawled into bed. The next day i went through a series of trail and error solutions. After moving the amps 4 feet away from the rest of the stuff, I reduced the noise by 50%. i got my box of audio internconnects from the attic and started switching input lead. I came across a monster cable input that came in a carrying case and was a older high dollar 3 wire job intended for a pre HDMI high end video hookup with RCA ends. This seemed to eliminated another 15- 25% of the problem. The initial hookup was in a 2nd wall socket close to the main one with all my other stuff going through a Monster power management center. All the plugs were occupied so I hooked a second- smaller unit into the 2nd plug outlet(big mistake).

I had reduced the noise down to a very audible but in my mind tolerable level- i could still hear it and it was driving me completely nuts. The noise was gone wneh the amps were disconnected from the preamp and still hooked to the speakers with the power on. The second that the amps were connected to the preamp- the noise was back. AAARRRGGGG!!!!! today as a last resort i got a box of power srtips out of the attic- Long story short- I finally plugged a Woods power strip into an empty space(from switchin stuff around) in the main Monster power management system and the noise was gone!!!!! However it was still there(not as bad) with the second -smaller Monster srtip plugged into the same outlet as the woods strip!!! Go figure!! This drove me crazy for 3 days. I hope this helps someone down the road in the same situation. Never seen anything like this before- hope I never see it again.

My system is now SOOOO quiet and nice!!!! very happy.