my newest and hopefully last purchase

montigue

Well I'm finally finished my HT upgrading. It's been a long and adventurase experience. I just purchased these kg 4.2's for my rear setup http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1333458734 These speakers I think will be perfect matching surrounds for my oiled oak Kg 5.2's.

I have a total of just over $5000 into my entire HT. I can't believe I spent that much!! But to me its worth it..

Thank you for those who helped me....heres my gear

Klipsch KG 5.2 mains

Klipsch KG 4.2 rears

Klipsch KLF C-7 center

47" Mitsubishi platinum HD1080 series widescreen

Toshiba SD-4700 DVD video/audio player

Harman Kardon AVR 65 digital receiver

Sony Hi-Fi VCR player

SVS 20-39cs single sub w/ Samson S1000 amp

This message has been edited by montigue on 02-17-2002 at 07:29 PM

Hey Monty,those speakers should match up well.I finally got my RF-7's all matched.Their cherry.

Congratulations on finishing your upgrade of your HT.

Oh, by the way, have you checked out the Outlaw ICBM?I've got one.It would probably sound great with your SD-4700.HE he he he.cwm35.gif

thanks BBB for the link. I will defenitly consider doing something like that in the future. I dont listen to DVD audio now but im sure i will eventually.

So you got 4 Rf-7's? that is sweet. How much of a difference is it to have the big speakers for rears? I bet it makes for really good surround sound. what kind of receiver do you have? Yamaha?

Monty

It really sounds great having the RF-7's for fronts and surrounds especially with DVD-A.I got my 2 front speakers to match both sonically and visually.They're numbered 089 and 90.I got the surrounds very close also # 092 and 400.I'm semi retired in my 50's . Spent 35 years working a middle class job all the time .I thought I would spend what money I saved up on my first love.Audio.I'm also a big movie buff.I've been using an Onkyo 989 and am getting a power amp this week.I'm not out to impress anyone.Been living by myself most of my life.Still do.You should check out the lists of DVD-A discs available on the net and see if there are any that are your favorites.I picked out a few,Doobie Brothers ,Metallica and Clapton.Just make sure the disc says DVD-Audio.With this set up sometimes these guys sound like they are right in my living room.I like that because I have both played and attended many live gigs over the years.Good luck and have fun.

BBB makes a good point. If your DVD player also handles DVD-A, I highly recommend you purchase a few of these discs. I listen to DVD-A more than any other medium and like you, I have two pairs of full range speakers (Chorus I's and II's). Nothing sounds as good as DVD-A for these baby's. I also purchased the ICBM and it has made a big difference with the bass management for DVD-A. Congratulations on your new addition. Now, if you want to put them to good use, run out and pick up some DVD-A software...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems