Pay-For-Radio

I see that Yamaha's Model RX-797 stereo receiver is "XM Radio Ready". I'm assuming this is a satellite radio service that generates a user fee if you agree to the terms of satellite radio.

My question: Is XM Radio the same as Sirius? I'm currently getting over the pain of a $2,500 maintenance bill ... on my 2001 Grand Marquis upon hitting the 100,000 mile level this week. While getting my Grand Marquis repaired, I was given a loaner 2008 Mercury Milan that came with Sirius radio. The available music on the Sirius channels was really great. Siriusly.

If XM Radio is the same as Sirius, how much is the user fee for having pay-for-radio on a home stereo receiver?

If XM Radio is not the same as Sirius, how do they differ? Preferences of one over the other, choice of music that is available, monthly user fees?

A good question, if XM Radio is not the same as Sirius: Why does Yamaha choose to configure their flagship stereo receiver with XM instead of Sirius?

XM bought Sirius. The programming is not exactly the same, but was always similar and now the 2 share several channels. I have Sirius and get Deep Tracks AND Classc Vinyl. I get the best of both! BTW, I could and did opt out of Howard Stern.