Cherry B2's?

JSChapman

Ya that's right I'm back at it again. I'm on the hunt for more cherry Klipsch! The reason behind this is because I just sold my Polk audio rear speakers on craigslist so, the money from that sale is going toward my new surrounds. Now with out getting into the whole discussion of WDST or direct radiating(since it really doesn't matter for me). Is it possible to find Klipsch Synergy B2's in cherry? If not I still want B2's for surrounds. I'll try to find and add a photo.

post-32086-13819464728034_thumb.jpg

Okay so after reading a countless amount of old post's today on the debate of WDST or bookshelf speakers for surrounds I decided to go with a pair of S1's. According to everyone here on the forums that was the right way to go. So, I put up a Bid on Ebay and got pair of S1's for under $100 bucks. Pretty good deal I think. Oh and Tommyboy I do really appreciate your help in trying to find a pair of Cherry B2's. Though according to some of your older posts you prefer the S1's over the B2's so, I think I made a good decision.

Ya, I tried the B2's, and IMO it sounded a lot worse than the S1's, so.............. No problem with the hunt bro! Another problem with bookshelves is placement. With our room setup the way it is now, there is absolutely nowhere to put bookshelves. Right under each surround is end tables. But for surrounds, you made the right choice. WDST is the way to go....

IMO, the same as they did when they were on the sides. If mounting them on the sides is possible in your room, by all means, mount them like that, but if not, my setup sounds great Our room was basically 180'd. The wall where the couch is is where the TV/entertainment center was, and vise versa. The right main and Sub 12 were too close to that door in the pic, and I wasn't very fond of the doggie always bumping into it, so we "flipped' the room around. I thought I'd lose a lot of sound from the S1's, but like I said, they sound about the same; although I did have to turn the db's up a little bit on my surround levels.......

If mounting them on the sides is possible in your room, by all means, mount them like that

Ya I can mount them on the side or on the back wall. Side mounting is preferred and I think I have a pretty good spot for them. My room is 10x12x8 and I sit fairly close to the back wall but, the S1's can still be mounted in the ideal position.