Weird noise from AVR247 with Klipsch Quintet SL speakers

I was watching a movie tonight with the volume at -12. I have a large greatroom with a 22 foot ceiling and it requires some power to fill it up. The Klipsch Quintet SL speakers, set 15 feet apart, and my Klipsch Sub-12, seem to do very well. Anyway, the power in my house blinked (lights etc. quickly went off then on again). Immediately afterwards the Klipsch Quintet SL speakers yelled out this EXTREMELY LOUD high frequency steady beep-like sound (BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP). I immediately powered off my Harman Kardon AVR 247 and then powered it back on. I watched the rest of the movie without incedent as I always do. What the heck happened? This has never happened before and I've never experienced this before. Many thanks for all input.

If the power in the either house blinked it might have been the main power. What was the weather like? Sometimes we have the same issue, power blinks off then on again like nothing happened but I have never been watching a movie at the time.

James

The weather was nice, no rain, no thunder, etc. My house has a power "blink" perhaps two or three times per year. It just that with the one last night the weird high frequency BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP was LOUD (and I mean LOUD). I wonder what caused that. Powering off my HK AVR247 and then powering it back on stopped the beep and all was normal after that. Do you think it could've hurt my new Klipsch Quintet SL speakers?