Heresey II's Quartets and a Crown DC 300?

This will be my set up in a week or so.I inherited the Crown DC 300 and Heresy II speakers from my parents. I bought the quartets myself and run them off of a Denon 3600 avr which I'm very pleased with. However I live in a small one bedroom apartment so my idea was to hook all four speakes up to the crown and then run that through the Denon which I'm not even sure if thats possible to do? My other question is due to lack of space and based on past experience of what I like for sound, such as concerts or the other speakers that I grew up with Khorns and Belle's which I'll inherit next. I had an idea to make a shelf so the Heresy's are bascially sitting on top of the Quartets. Now of course I'm not actually going to stack them on top of each other, but it would be a shelf and they would be sitting up that high. I think this would sound amazing due to every single person I've ever heard talk about the Heresy's to put them up high so you can truely enjoy them. I was also wondering as far as updating the Heresy's what woofer you'd run or crossover you might run for an upgrade to them? I want a nice warm and full sound I appreciate it.

Jim

Welcome to the forum..

I looked up the Denon AVR-3600DTS and it does have pre-outs so you can hook up an external amp. Unfortunately the Crown DC300 is only a two channel amp. So you can run a pair of speakers off the Crown and the other off the Denon.

I think this would sound amazing due to every single person I've ever heard talk about the Heresy's to put them up high so you can truely enjoy them.

I have my on the floor and they sound great. Were they on the floor or up on a shelf at your parents? How did you like the sound?

I was also wondering as far as updating the Heresy's what woofer you'd run or crossover you might run for an upgrade to them?

You can send Mr. Crites an email. He is from the forum and has the items that you might need to mod your speakers if you want.

Wow, sorry I just seen that you have Heresy II. You can purchase an upgrade kit directly from Klipsch to change your II to III. The Heresy III are said to be the best of the three versions. Might be worth looking into, I know the kit has been talked about on here before.

James

Thanks, thats what I was looking for as far as feed back. Yes I've heard the Heresy's actually up on a wall and they are amazing! You've got me wondering about the update from II to III's sounds really intersting to me. As far as hooking the Crown up to the 4 speakers, my parents used to rock out with a pair of Belle's and actually 2 pair of Heresey's hooked up for parties LOL It was awsome. Then they upgraded to Khorns and just kept the Belle's hooked up. So I know it'll handle it I was just looking for ideas and you've been very helpful. If you have anything else I'd be very greatful!