Shure or other mfr IEM sleeves used with Klipsch IEM's

J.4knee

Just wondering what those of you who have ventured down the path of using another mfr IEM sleeves, tips, gels you chose. I have a set of C3's and absolutely love them sans the kinking cable problems, but the perfect fit for me is still somewhat elusive. I was wondering what some of you have tried. I realize the Klipsch IEM chassis were designed only for use the Klipsch ear gels but I am interested in seeing what kind of seal I can get using something else.

I have tried time and time again to get the "perfect fit" with the Klipsch tips and have failed. Don't get me wrong, they're very comfortable, but they just don't stay comfortable for long periods of time. Other people have said that they are comfortable for hours at a time, just not the case for me.

Anyway, I have tried Comply Foam tips (the T-100 size for custom-3s) and they feel much MUCH nicer. They almost literally "melt" in your ears and you forget you are wearing them and can do so for indefinite periods of time. The only downside (and it is a biggie) are that they get gross and ear-waxy( even with obsessive cleaning) and start to fall apart in usually less than a month, and I have to throw them away.

Of course, YMMV. Looking at comply foam's website right now, I notice that they have a new "Tx-100 with integrated wax guard" out now along with the "T-100 classic".... hmmm... looks interesting.