Looking for a JOLIDA JD-502

DANOCASTER

If anyone knows of a reasonably priced Jolida 502- please let me know..there are several on audiogon but NO-ONE has responded to emails. I'm guessing they have sold them and just are sicking of replying..i duuno..but if you know to pick one up,..PLEASE lemme know..

ALSO...I may run a small Velodyne sub w/ this-- any thoughts on how to do that if i find one WITHOUT the sub out ?? I will using Multiple sources

Just wondering why you are so into the 502? I have heard all the Jolida amps and in ways, that is actually my least favorite. It is certainly the least sweet of the offerings and possibly the least musical. IT CAN be configured to play the EL-34, however. If you audition both side by side, the EL-34 302B, is the more musical and engaging amp. Hell, the 202 is a VERY musical piece, as is the little 102B, which employs 6BQ5/EL-84. Have you had a chance to hear the 502? Generally, the 6550 is not the most engaging valve. It's not a bad amp, however. Not trying to smother you with doubt as much as just wondering if you have had a chance to hear the 502.

kh

Phono Linn LP-12 Vahalla / Linn Basic Plus / Sumiko Blue Point

CD Player Rega Planet

Preamp Cary Audio SLP-70 w/Phono Modified

Amplifier Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondog Monoblocks

Cable DIYCable Superlative / Twisted Cross Connect

Speaker 1977 Klipsch Cornwall I w/Alnico & Type B Crossover

system one online / alternate components / Asylum Listing f>s>

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 02-22-2002 at 01:15 AM

mobile....thanks for your concern and NO, i havent heard the amp..no place i know of can offer one to me.. i basically just bought Chorus 1s and want to have some kinda tube front end to soften things up and give me some "magic"..I'm kinda low on dough and an integrated amp seems like an easy thing..My sources will be a Rega Planet and a Planar 3/shure v15 thru a rega FONO..just getting this all together and have everything but the amp..will the lil' 6BQ5 Jolinda drive my choruses to LOUD levels in a 16x13 room?? that is why i moved up to the 502- and the reviews at audioreview were gushing about the 502..but I want something as "sweet" and " magical" as possible- but I am impatient and want something soon... i got 600-800 "bones" to spend and will want nice tubes ( but I'm a new sensor dealer and can get the tubes at cost)..I would GREATLY appreciate your reccomendation in that price range