old nad 5220 cd

jess28

just picked up a nad 5220 cd player from a flea market not knowing anything about this cd player i decieded for 20 bucks what could it hurt.

im not a audiophile by a longshot just started getting seriouse recently and it has cost me because of it.first went with a htib then a polk set up with a onkyo 705 ,klipsch f1 set up with a onk 806,then the f3's and now the rf 82.i think im done for awhile unless i get a good deal on some 83,s which i should have got in the first place but oh well.so anyway back to my point i am quite surprised about how good this thing sounds my amp is not here yet so this was just through the onkyo 806.i was using a ps3 but it seems to be very sharp though i do notice every detail while using my ps3 when i start getting into the louder areas the high end starts to distort hence the amp purchase.So i was wondering if anybody else has this cd player and what there thought may be.I just wanna know if the pleasimg sound is due to my virgen ears or if maybe i got something here.the only other cd player i have ever heard was the rotel rxd 9555 which i always liked but i haven't heard that in years since i moved out and my dad never got back to hooking all his equipment back up.