KLF 20-vs-KG 3.2

bigrfish

Does anybody have experience with both the Klipsch KLF-20 and the Klipsch KG 3.2?

I can read the stats, but I am curious about peoples' subjective feeling upon having either listened to both

or having some sort of expert knowlege as to which might have longevity, "legs" if you will, kinda like the Heresys

have.

Thanks in advance,

bigrfish

I've heard both speakers in the past, but it's been a long time. I remember the kg3.2's lacking in bass.

The klf-20's are a 3-way speakers with a tweeter, midrange horn and two 10" drivers. The kg3.2's have a tweeter and an 8" driver with a 10" passive. I have a pair of kg5.5's which give much better bass than the 3.2's, but given the choice between them and the klf'20s - I'd pick the klf's.

• Like 1

I appreciate the input, and will carefully consider it. I had just about come to the same conclusion. One interesting difference is the power handling capabilities. I would be less likely to blow up the KLF's and that is important as I get further into this. I just recently increased my main L and R power from 175 W up to about 500 W and I either need to really be careful or get something in there that will be more sturdy....in a way, though, I hate to change much of anything as it is sounding pretty good, and better as I learn how to tweak the bass crossover and power amp that is running the bass speaker. I am making an experimental center channel horn, and it just could be that's the end of the line. The danger factor makes me feel like one of those snake handlers.... but it does sound good and likely will sound better before it's over with. I'll tell you the truth, there ain't nothing wrong with running the two Heresys in parallel. I never thought of it right up until the day the second pair became available, and after I rigged it up I was surprised, to say the least.

Thanks again for your words of wisdom.....Chuck