Image S4 availability

gt2000

I have looked everywhere for these top rated headphones and am wondering if there is a site or retailer who actually carries them. Time is running out and I fear that I'll have to settle on Brand X. Thanks in advance for any insight on how to purchase them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

I bought these on June 23, 2008 from B&H Photo and they are still on backorder. It's been close to a month. I paid through Paypal so they already have my money.

II am replacing a pair of Shure $400 SE420 Sound Isolating Earphones which broke after a year of use. CNET gave these headphones a 4.5 out of 5 stars. That's the best rating they have for any headphones. I am in a rap group called Waxing Poetix and we are working on a new album. I use in ear headphones to monitor and I need these soon. Any Idea on the ETA of when B&H will get a shipment. Actually on Google Shopping search every store in the USA is out of these. Are they discontinued? I need to know soon if I should get another set of headphones or just wait it out. I can use a cheapo set but I am very picky when it comes to my music.

Thanks for your time,

DJ Shamrock aka Marky B.

aokmarkybcopy.jpg

• Moderators

Hi DJ,

I'll have to see how the orders are allocated when they arrive on Friday. Send me an email to remind me.

Sorry about the wait, but I think you'll be pleased in the end!!

--Amy

Hello,

I ordered these phones from Amazon 2 weeks ago and am wondering if you have any specifics on the wait time. I know that these phones are on backorder, but I can't seem to find an accurate estimate on shipping time. Do you know the average time one has to wait for this product, or how long your overall backorder is. I am very excited to try these phones out, and I thank you for your time.

• Moderators

The S4s will likely be received in our Calif. warehouse on Monday. We have some allocated for Klipsch.com, then the rest for Amazon.com and several other dealers. They will ship to those dealers probably Monday. Once they arrive, I cannot speak to how soon those dealers will get them to customers, or what their backorder situation is. I can't imagine it would take very long.

Thanks for your patience!!

• 1 month later...

good morning, on 22 July I placed an order for the $80 "Image S4" at the BH superstore in NYC, now almost 6 weeks later and still have not recieved my order, when i called on 6 August they said that they have 79 outstanding paid orders and a open order from Klipsch for a 100 units but they are kept in the dark and don't know when their stock will be replenished, in the mean time i have monitored Amazon and see that they have already been replenished 2 times.

i think something is very wrong here and is utterly outragous... please advice

• Moderators

With the tight inventory, it's been a struggle to fulfill last minute dealer orders (last minute meaning as soon as the product launched). Amazon had forecasted their orders well in advance to launch, so we had to honor those first.

However, we should have plenty of stock as of this week. BH should be in contact with their Klipsch rep to inquire the status of their order - we would not keep anyone in the dark deliberately.

Side note, I'm surprised that they took payment for the orders when they didn't have stock to fulfill them .. we are not allowed to do that.

Thanks for your patience!