1 svs 20-39cs+ & 1 16-46cs work together

j glenn

I definitely don't think the two subs are overkill if you want the bass, but I have wondered if it is good to mix two different tuned subs like that. Would there be an imbalance down low due to only one sub being able to reach that low. In that case, the lowest registers of 14-18Hz would effectively be rolled off and would not be as usable due to the higher levels at the 18+ Hz of the 20-39CS+. Does this make sense? I would think the balance would be better if you used the same tuning on both subs. Any opinions?

Ah good point. I missed that aspect of the question the first time around. I would argee that getting the subs in the same tuning range could be important. All of mine are 20-39's so they all have the same rolloff. It could get tricky to calibrate since you will be getting about a ~6dB boost in the areas where the subs are the same but losing that boost at both ends of the freq response as one or the other sub rolls off (the 20-39 on the low end and the 16-46 on the high end).

------------------

...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...

My Home Theater Page