Best receiver for Klipsch Synergy speakers

jeff2335

I recently bought a Klipsch Synergy surround sound setup (B-3, C-2, S-2 and Sub10). I originally was using a Yamaha RX-V663 receiver and was not impressed with the sound, it was very bright and had almost no bass. I went through almost every setting and could not get the sound I wanted. I've heard theses speakers hooked up to a low end Onkyo receiver and sounded great, so I'm not sure whats going on.But anyways now Im looking into getting a different receiver. I've been looking at the Onkyo TX-SR607 but I am not sure....Any advise on what receiver would pair well with these speakers?

Hi Jeff and welcome

Ok – firstly and not being rude but your Yamaha should be more than enough to make your speakers sing. I wish I had the 663. as for your dissatisfaction in sound it could be your AVR settings and room treatment that is making the sound somewhat not enough power and too bright. As for settings, set your sub freq to full re 120hz or whatever it is at back of subI, on yammy set crossover to 80hz, set all speakers to small on yammy and bass out to sub only. Try this and report back.

Room treatment also plays a key roll this is what happens to the sound before it reaches you. If your speaker is too close to a wall you could be getting reflection from that, if it is bouncing off a coffee table then reflection from that, etc etc.

I would first look at these two options first before changing a great avr that is used by many here.