Speaker Placement Advice Needed

ace168516

So, I recently had one of my crappy rock speakers blow a woofer and have been on the hunt ever since. I have just ordered a pair of AW-500's as a suitable upgrade and was wondering where you experts think they should be located. (Pic attached below) Here is my issue, I have 2 general seating areas in the back of my house. When Karen and Patrick and I are just relaxing...probably about 80% of the time, we are sitting on the top level of the deck in our 2 chairs with Patrick in his turtle pool or bouncer. When we have company or more people, we usually migrate down to the larger lower area where the patio set is. I know the only "correct" solution would be to have 2 pairs of speakers for different zones, but that is not in the budget, nor will be for awhile. Just looking for some advice on the best placement and orientation of the speakers. I think if they go up near the top level, they could be adjusted on the C-Mounts to swing towards one area or another, or perhaps at the corners of the house toed in a bit for a more wide field. I have no backyard neighbors, so no concern there. Where would YOU put the speakers?

post-36287-13819487709418_thumb.jpg

Hey Ace, Sorry to hear about the loss of your woofer! I would put them as far apart as possible. The corners of the house seems like the best to me as you would have a really wide soundfield. I have my garage on one side of my backyard and my neighbors garage on the other side and that is where my speakers are mounted, one on his garage and one on mine, I love it. It is not directly at our seating area, so we can still carry on a conversation and hear the music at the same time. Having them spread out gives me a nice stereo effect also.

If you have a balance control, you can adjust it according to where you are sitting.

This is what works for me,

Dennie

Thanks for the advise Dennie...I have my choices narrowed down to 2 places...the wide array mounted vertically under the overhangs toed in a bit(this would probably give the best sound for the lower deck area since there is some good distance. I had another crazy thought that involved mounting them on a couple of the deck posts, depending on how much swivel I can get out of those brackets in a tight space. I have picked two out and could swivel them in towards the top deck or down towards the lower deck depending on where I am. Just going to wait and see houw the move and sound. Thanks again, ACE