Has anyone seen anything like this?

jdotsu

Someone on craigslist has these for sale at 50 bucks a piece said they belonged to there father and he passed away. I can't find anything about them and they said there is no names,brands, or serial/model numbers on them anywhere.

post-37574-13819487857696_thumb.jpg

Well, it would be cool to have speakers done in cabs that can double as end tables.

My best guess would be that they are a diy project, and would be hard to guess what they sound like. I see a T-35 tweeter along with a dome tweeter, so it's not likely at all that they were made by a speaker manufacturer. The woofer, with the orange surround looks like it could be a vintage Eminence. Some old Heresy's have a woofer that looks like this.

The builder may have taken speaker elements out of some speaker cab and put them in this one. If that's the case, and the passive radiator is one of the donor parts, I wouldn't expect much in the way of a crossover.

All that said, the parts, if working and the cabs could be worth the price. Could be a platform for a fun project.